Today's most saintly reader of the Register

As usual, there's tons of competition for the Orange County Register's most saintly reader of the day. But I've selected three finalists who left their tender and loving comments on the paper's website about a story of a drive-by shooting in Santa Ana. The runners-up:

jrmmx88 wrote:
I think one of my 10th grade teachers in Maryland in '78 summed up the Latin-American Hispanic mindset perfectly when she said (on more than one occasion) that the males all want to prove they how macho they are, and the females all want to show how fertile they are. I wondered why she was telling us that back then, but now I think I know.

In Lieu of a 'Clock Chime' or 'Church Bell' ringing or sounding, Staba-ana has chosen to use sounds familiar with the residents. Gun shots, screams, Push-cart Ice cream bells and La'Banda are now standard sounds used to alert residents where 'Clock Chimes' or 'Church Bells' are used in other Modern communities or societys.

And now for the winner -- a sensitive soul who calls herself "bestocmom":

bestocmom wrote:
I'm telling you. Fence them in and let themselves kill eachother off.





0 comments: